The Process of Moving

Moving is a big job.

Thankfully, the military hires professional movers to pack everything and move it for us! That takes away a lot of the stress of moving.

However, cleaning up and organizing our home is a big job in and of itself! Since AJ is off at officer training, I've been busy cleaning and organizing, mostly our basement and shed. Isn't it amazing how much stuff we accumulate? I have been throwing things down in that basement for 3 years now and had no idea the job it would be to organize it all until I started digging down there.

I have taken so many loads of stuff to Goodwill, and our local thrift store. I'm pretty sure they're going to start turning me away. They probably see my mini van coming and are like, "oh no, she's back."

I want to be able to relax and enjoy our last week in Kansas when AJ gets home, so I'm motivated to get all of this "dirty work" finished up!


So if you come to my house it basically looks like we aren't moving, and it will stay this way until the movers come on February 12th! It's pretty crazy how they can pack up your entire house in 24 hours.

We are officially leaving February 15th. We are going to do 5 days of driving to break it up a bit! We are taking the longest route, to avoid as much snow as possible. We're also planning on stopping at the Grand Canyon, which should be fun (and terrifying) with children.

Emery is still very much against moving. He says he is not moving, and that California is the worst. 


This move feels different from our past moves, we are moving away from family but with 3 kids this time! It's very bitter-sweet, and I'm having all the feelings lately. So, if you see me out and about, ask me how I'm doing at your own risk! 😂

(Sorry I don't have a bunch of blog-worthy, professional-looking photos to add to this. I've been genuinely exhausted/busy and have not taken any photos. Also, we've eaten at McDonalds so much, Emery has collected all of the monster trucks in their current collection except the shark one. *face palm*)

Comments